Becoming a Member
We are always looking for people interested in joining our organization.
How Can You Join?
To join we need a completed application and membership dues of $15.00 for the first year. Please contact us for more information or download a copy of our membership application here.
Who Can Join?
We invite anybody interested in the issues and topics we focus our efforts on to join. We appreciate Members who are able to dedicate enough time to participate and make a difference in the organization.
Benefits of Joining
There are several benefits to becoming a member of our organization. Our members are close friends and we have a great time when we get together. Of course we also have a common interest, and we hope to further our cause.
- The membership year for the Scioto County Chapter of the Ohio Genealogical Society begins January 1 and ends December 31 each calendar year.
- Renewal dues are due by December 31st.
- Those who join the Society during the year will be able to access past Newsletters via our website. Due to cost, previous Newsletters for the year will not be mailed unless requested.
- Our newsletter, SCCOGS News, is published bi-monthly (January, March, May, July, September, November).
- Queries posted in the newsletter are free to members, $2.00 for non-members. Queries are entered as space allows.
- SCCOGS holdings are housed at the Portsmouth Public Library Local History Dept., 1220 Gallia St, Portsmouth, Ohio 45662 and are available to the public during regular library hours. SCCOGS Probate Court Records are housed at SCCOGS offices located inside the Masonic Temple Building and are available by appointment only.
- When writing in request of information please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope. This courtesy is greatly appreciated.
- The Scioto County Chapter of the Ohio Genealogical Society meets every other month on the second Saturday, beginning in February. Meetings are generally held at 12:30 p.m. in the Robert Copley Meeting Room at the Portsmouth Public Library. Please check our website for complete meeting information. Membership dues are $15.00 per year single/family; $35.00 per year Small Business/Professional; $75.00 per year Corporate; $200.00 Lifetime Membership (January 1st thru December 31st). Membership includes six Newsletters with free queries for members, as space permits.
Please follow & like us :)
June 10 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm